Courses Offered : M.A., M.Phil, Ph.D and PG Dilploma in Women's Empowerment
Nature of Course : Semester Scheme
Duration : M A 4 Semesters (2 Years)
Intake : 30 + 10 (Payment)
A candidate shall possess any bachelor’s degree with 50% marks in aggregate (40% in case of SC/ST & Cat- I and 45% for OBC candidates) obtained from any recognized University.
Eligibility for PG Diploma:
A candidate should posses any bachelor’s degree in any discipline obtained from any recognized University.
|Designation||Professor & Chairperson, Ahalyabai Post Graduate Centre for Women's Studies Research & Extension|
|Telephone No (Office)||08352-229022|
An effective vision statement is vital to a strategic planning process. A vision statement describes what an institution aspires to become in the future and the values it enshrines. It captures in detail what things could be like at the institution level if it were functioning effectively and focuses on the contribution the institution will make to society. In the long run, a successful strategic plan must be premised on institution values, such as:
- Academic freedom;
- Institutional autonomy;
- High quality;
- Equal access; and
- Non-discrimination (by race, ethnic affiliation, religion and gender)
A mission statement is fundamental to strategic planning. It is an assertion of an institution raison d’être, or purpose, and should clearly define its ideals as well as the services it offers to various stakeholders. It informs an institution’s financial planning, budgeting, staffing and academic programming. One aspect of a mission statement relates to students, in terms of both institutional commitments and expectations.
The mission statement should be a general statement of values, aims and goals of the state. An effective mission statement will be clear, precise and transparent about commitments, long-term goals and values. It usually includes a commitment to high standards and levels of performance, discussion of the context of the institution environment, recognition of institution obligations to the community, the nation and the world, and commitment to its students. A mission statement ordinarily consists of two parts:
- A high-level preamble that encapsulates the gist of the institution mission; and
- A narrative portion that lists the particularities and elaborates on the implications of the mission statement in practical terms.
- Computer Lab
- LCD Projector.
- Digital Board and Smart Board
- Photo Copier
- A reading room with Leading regional Newspapers.
- Career Opportunities:
- NGO, teaching, Counselling, Women and Child development department and other Department in Government.
- Library facilities in the department
- Dr. R. Sunandamma Novel Dwithwa has awarded Best Novel for the year 2005 by Karnataka Sahithya Academy.
- Prof. R. Sunandamma has awarded Best NSS Co-ordinator, state awarded in 2009 .
- Prof. R. Sunandamma Savitribai Pule award 6th Akhil Bharta Dalita Sahitya Sammelana,Bagalkot.
- Prof. R. Sunandamma Indira Priyadarshani seva purskar 2011. The Well trained students have been placing in NGO’s and Government offices. So far more than 25% placement has been made.