Department of Mathematics
Courses offered: M.Sc in Mathematics
Nature of course: Semesters scheme
Duration: 4 semesters (2 years)
Intake: Regular : 35
Outsource quota: 15
A Candidate shall possess Bachelor’s degree in Science with 50%marks in aggregate (40% for SC/ST/Cat-1 and 45% for OBC) with mathematics as one of the optional subject.
|Designation||Coordinator, Department of Mathematics||
|Telephone No (Office)||08352-229118|
To develop highly intellectual community of students and faculty vigorous in research, teaching and learning in many diverse areas of Mathematics and its applications.
Prepare liberally educated, motivated and skilled mathematicians who foster intellectual growth.
Contribute to society by advancing knowledge front in the various fields of Mathematics through innovations in teaching and research.
Achieve self-sustainability and overall development through research in focused areas of Mathematics and Statistics relevant to societal needs.
Provide professional consultancy services based on expertise to the scientific, technical, and educational community.
About the Department:
- The department offers a four semesters (two-year) M.Sc. Mathematics programme.
- The course gives a solid core education to the students interested in the areas of science, engineering, or computing.
- The program allows students to choose from a variety of elective courses together with the compulsory ones. With CBCS regulations in force, performance of students each semester is continuously assessed through internal assessment test, seminars, assignments, and semester end examinations.
- During fourth semester, students are allowed to choose research project depending on the area of mathematics that interests them most.
- Admissions to the MSc program are made based on the notification issued by the University during the month of July every year.
Post Graduates in Mathematics are in demand on the job market in sectors of energy, finance, research, teaching and information technology.
- Experienced faculty
- Well furnished class-rooms equipped with laptop and LCD projectors to support teaching / learning.
- Computer Center with high-end desktop computers connected under LAN
- Wifi and internet facility.
- Central library facility with adequate number of reference books.
Coordinator,Department of Mathematics