About Regional Center
Karnataka State Akkamahadevi Women's University formerly known as Karnataka State Women's University, Vijayapura established in 2003 in the city of Vijayapura (Formerly Bijapur), is the only Women’s University in Karnataka dedicated exclusively for women’s education. It is recognized under 2(f) and 12(B) of the UGC Act. In addition, the university has also established its Regional Centre in the year 2014. The centre is located 10 kms away from the Mandya District Head Quarters located at Mandya-Nagamangala road to cater to the academic requirements of the rural women folk of the region –preferably at the higher level keeping in mind the empowerment of women through value based education.
The 3 E’s- Education, Empowerment and Enrichment has been the primary motive in establishing Akkamahadevi Women's University formerly known as Karnataka State Women's University, Vijayapura Regional Centre in South Karnataka. Currently, the regional centre offers courses in 5 various disciplines at the Post-graduate level. It is as follows:
- M.A. in Kannada
- M.A. in English
- M.Sc. in Mathematics
- M.A. in Women Studies
- M. Com
All the Departments have been equipped with young, talented and dedicated teachers who are working hard for the development of the centre under the able guidance of the regional Director.
The regional centre is very well connected with all the major district roads and is served very well by the State transport facility.
Though in its infancy, the centre shows a promising beginning and has a lot of potential for growth and development under the visionary and dynamic leadership of the Hon’ble Vice-chancellor and the Registrar of the University.
Empowerment of society through education Mission:
• To provide quality education and impart professional and vocational skills to enable women to be self reliant and meet the challenges of the changing socio-economic needs
• To promote personality development and leadership qualities with a balanced outlook towards society
• To help women enrich their knowledge and reap the benefits of knowledge power
• To ensure holistic education treasuring cultural heritage, core values of personal integrity, professional skills, awareness about the socio-economic, scientific and cultural developments at all levels in order to enable women lead personally and professionally fulfilling lives
• To equip women with necessary qualities to play an equal role in decision making in matters of importance to herself, family and society
• To promote advanced research in science social sciences, arts and humanities' especially on topics of regional importance
• To contribute towards socio-economic transformation of women in need through formal and non-formal education and training, out reach programs and facilitate strengthening of mass education and primary education programs.
• Bridge gender gap
• Help communities and women from rural and backward areas join main stream to enable and motivate communities and women to play an effective and constructive role in the society at all levels.
|Designation||Coordinator and Assistant Professor||
|Telephone No (Office)||
List of Teaching Faculty:
- Regional Director Building
- Library Building
- Department Building
- Computer Lab
- Women’s Hostel
- Bus Facilities
Karnataka State Akkamahadevi Women’s University Vijayapur
(Formerly: Karnataka State Women’s University Vijayapur)
Extension Centre for P.G. Studies and Research
Phone No: 08232-275668
B. Hosuru Colony
Keragodu Hobli, B. Hosuru
Post, Tq:Mandya, Dist: Mandya