Courses Offered: M.S.W.,MPhil, Ph.D
Nature of Course: Semester Scheme
Duration: 4 Semesters (2 years)
Intake: 30+10 (Outsource payment) +05 (BSW Quota) = 45 (Total)
Candidate shall possess any bachelor’s degree with 50% marks in aggregate (40% in case of SC/ST & Cat-I and 45 % OBC candidates) obtained from any recognized University.
|Designation||Associate Professor & Chairperson, Department of Social Work|
|Telephone No (Office)||08352-229050|
Empowerment of Women Through Social Work Education.
- To provide quality education and impart professional and vocational skills to enable women to be self-reliant and meet the challenges of the changing socio-economic needs.
- To promote personality development and leadership qualities with a balanced outlook towards society.
- To help women enrich their knowledge and reap the benefit of knowledge power.
About Social Work Department:
The Department of Social Work established in 2007 with a motto that education is not only to get degree and job but also to learn how to lead life. It is equipped with modern infrastructure like class rooms with Smart Board, LCD Projector, computer Lab with internet connectivity, Uninterrupted Wi-Fi connectivity, Department Library and Seminar Hall.
The Participatory Pedagogy, Field Work Practicum, Seminars, Workshops, Training programmes, Community Camps, Exposure Visits, Community Extension Programmes, Student Mentoring, and Special Lecture aims to attain overall development of students with providing, soft skills, life skills, research skills, computer skills, communication skills, and documentation skills. Campus interviews conducted for placement with the help of Akka MSW Alumna Association. The department has MoU with several international and national organisations to widen the learning and employment opportunities for students through collaborative research, dissemination and field action programmes. To name few are;
- Department of Psychiatric Social Work, NIMHANS, Bengaluru
- World Vision of India, ADP Vijayapura
- Department of Social Work, Central University of Karnataka, Kalaburagi
- Jindal Steel Works Foundation, Vidyanagar-Ballary
- RADHEE Disaster and Education Foundation, Mumbai
- Sanjeevani Life Beyond Cancer, Mumbai
- Association for People with Disability, Bengaluru
- Department of Psychiatric Social Work, DIMHANS, Dharwad
- Child Rights Trust, Bengaluru
- Manasa Nursing Home, Shivamogga
- Youth for Seva, Bengaluru
- Hindalco Industries Limited, Belagavi Works, Belagavi
- Centre for Non-Formal Education (CNFE), Vijayapura
- PANKH to desire Charitable Trust, Vijayapura
- Ujwala Rural Development Service Society (URDSS), Vijayapura
- AIDS Jagruti Mahila Sangha, Vijayapura
- Vijayalaxmi Education and Social Welfare Society, Vijayapura
- Sankalpa Network People Living with HIV/AIDS, Vijayapura
- FEDINA-Bijapur, Vijayapura
- VISHALA (Rural Women and Children Development Organisation), Vijayapura
- The Bijapur Orphanage
- Institute for Rural Development (IRD) Vijayapura
- Manu Samajika Jananagruti Vividoddesha Samsthe, Vijayapura
Opportunities after MSW course:
After MSW there are plenty of job opportunities in the State and Central Government and International and National Non-government organisations. Some of the positions occupied by MSW graduates are; Medical Social Workers, Psychiatric Social Workers, Counsellors, Public Relation Officers, Labour Welfare Officers, Personnel Officer, HR Managers, Social Workers, Rehabilitation Officer, Case Worker, Coordinator, Research Officer, Project Director, Community Facilitator, Community Organiser, Assistant Professor, Probation Officer, Child Development Programming Officer, Programme Officer, Programme Manager, Training Manager, Field Worker, etc. MSW graduates can also be free lancers and establish own NGO.
Achievements of the Department (Research Projects and Trainings):
- Prof. S.A.Kazi conducted Capacity Building Programmes for the Doctors, ICTC Counsellors, Nurses, Police Personnel and other stake holders across the state of Karnataka, supported under GFATM Saksham Project in collaboration with TISS, Mumbai (2009-2015). The cost of the project was 1,28,88,616/-
- Prof. S.A. Kazi conducted KSAPS Training Programmes for Health Department personnel supported by NACO & KSAPS, Bangalore (2010-2015). The cost of the project was 73,90,183/-
- Prof. S.A. Kazi conducted training Programme for Counsellors of Family Counselling Centers & Functionaries of Aided Institutions supported by Karnataka State Social Welfare Board, Bangalore Government of Karnataka (2013) The cost of the project was 85,343/-
- Prof. S.A. Kazi undertook Validation of Food Insecurity Scale (Study on Food Insecurity Scale Raichur and Dharwad Districts) Funded by Centre for Child and the Law, National Law school of India University, Nagarbhavi, Bangalore (2013) The cost of the project was 30,879/-
- Prof. S.A. Kazi conducted study on “Child Protection Action Plan of Bijapur District” supported by Department of Women and Child Development, Government of Karnataka (2014). The cost of the project was 50,000/-
- Prof. S.A. Kazi conducted “Skill Gap Analysis Project in Vijayapura City” supported by Directorate of Municipal Administration, Government of Karnataka (2015-2016). The cost of the project was 47,4000/-
- Prof. S.A. Kazi conducted “Need Assessment Survey & Social Audit for Community Development Programme” supported by NTPC, Kudgi STPP (2016) The cost of the project was 2,09,000/-
- Prof. S.A. Kazi conducted a Study on “Impact of Welfare Measures of State on Women in Vijayapura District” supported under UGC XII Plan. The cost of the project was 1,00,000/-
- Prof. S.A. Kazi Conducted a study on “Skill Gap Analysis in 10 Villages of Vijayapura” under UGC XII Plan. The cost of the project was 3,45,000/-
- Dr. G.B.Sonar Core Team Member-2 of the “Evaluation Project of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme in Vijayapura District, Karnataka” supported by Karnataka Evaluation Authority, Bengaluru Government of Karnataka (2019).
- Dr. G.B.Sonar and Prof. S.A. Kazi completed “Social Audit of the Urban Homeless benefited under the scheme of Shelters in Kalaburagi Division” supported by The Mission Director (DAY-NULM) Commissionerate of Entrepreneurship and Livelihoods, Government of Karnataka, Bengaluru from 15.12.2019 to 15.2.2019. The cost of the project is 2,33,700/-.
- Prof. S.A.Kazi and Dr. G.B.Sonar conducted “Profile Analysis of the Urban Homeless benefited under the scheme of Shelters in Kalaburagi Division” supported by the Mission Director (DAY-NULM) Commissionerate of Entrepreneurship and Livelihoods, Government of Karnataka, Bengaluru from 15.12.2019 to 15.2.2019. The cost of the project is 2,71,700/-.
Conference, Workshop and Webinars:
- Dr. Ramesh M Sonkamble organised 10 days workshop on “Research Methodology in Social Sciences” supported by ICSSR (20th to 29 February 2016). The cost of the workshop was 5,50,000/-
- Prof. S.A. Kazi, Organising Secretary of 32nd Annual National Conference of Indian Society of Professional Social Work, Organised by Department of Social Work KSWU, Bijapur (20th to 22nd January, 2014).
- Dr. G.B.Sonar, Organising Secretary of National Webinar on “Strengthening Immunity through Scientific Tool Self-Immunity Check in collaboration with RADHEE Disaster and Education Foundation, Mumbai on 7.8.2020.
- Dr. G.B.Sonar, Organising Secretary of National Webinar on “Mental Health and Quality of Life of Married Working Women in India” sponsored by National Commission for Women, New Delhi on 23.9.2020. The cost of the Webinar was 50,000/-