Empowering women with competent knowledge and skills that make them global innovative leaders in the field of Computer Science and Technology in a myriad of application areas, advanced study and, research.
- To impart quality technical education through personalized, flexible, and hands-on complete learning.
- Prepare liberally educated, motivated, and skilled computer scientists and software technologists for leadership in professional careers and for advanced study.
- Contribute to advancements in the fields of computer science through innovations in teaching and research relevant to societal needs.
- Enhance students’ knowledge through interactive instruction, global engagement and experiential learning.
- Achieve self-sustainability and overall development through Research and Development activities as a lifelong learning measure.
- Even though it’s a class-room teacher, the instructor takes care that each one is involved in learning process.
- Everyone gets to answer questions during instruction without fear of embarrassment.
- Apart from fixed class timings, when it comes to learning, students get to chose the time, place and group for concept understanding.
- Student can set their own pace: take as much time to answer assignments given to them
- Student can enrol online courses as added learning.
- A student will move ahead after complete mastery of concept under supervision of mentor through ICT based learning.
The department offers following programmes
Ph.D. in Computer Science
- Areas of Research: Image Processing, Pattern Recognition, Data Analytics, Machine Learning and Computer Networks.
- Duration: 05 years Intake: 28
- Eligibility: MSc(Computer Science)/MCA/MTech(Comp. Sc.)/MSc(IT)
MSc in Computer Science
Duration: 04 Semesters ( 2 years) Intake: 20
A Candidate who has passed any of the following degree programmes from any recognized university with 50% of marks in aggregate (40% for SC/ST/Cat-I and 45% for OBC category candidates) shall be eligible.
- B.Sc. with Computer Science/Information Science/Information Technology as one of the optional subject.
- B.Sc. with Physics/Electronics/Statistics/Instrumentation as one of the optional subject with one-year P. G. Diploma in Computer Science or Computer Applications.
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Computer Application (B.Sc./BCA).
- Bachelor of Information Science or Information Technology (B.I. Sc./BIT),
- B.E./B.Tech (All branches) (7) B.Sc. with Mathematics
Admission Procedure: Through notification by University
Master of Computer Applications(MCA)
Duration: 04 Semesters ( 2 years) w.e.f. 2020-21 Intake: 60
Eligibility: (As prescribed in AICTE Handbook 2020-21)
Passed BCA/ Bachelor Degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent Degree.
Passed B.Sc./ B.Com./ B.A. with Mathematics at 10+2 Level or at Graduation Level (with additional bridge Courses as per the norms of the concerned University).
Obtained at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying Examination..
Admission Procedure: Through Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (PGCET) conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority (http://kea.kar.nic.in)
Scope of MCA:
MCA is exclusively designed with a lot of emphasis on planning, designing and developing of complex commercial application software & system software to meet the growing demand of any organization in the field of Information Technology. After completion of MCA, Students have excellent job opportunities to enter the Global IT-world as well as the fields of Research & Development at prestigious institutions in India and abroad for different positions viz. System Manager, Web Design Specialist , Database Administrator, System Analyst, Network Administrator, Entrepreneurship , Software Developer, etc.
Given the pervasiveness of computer technology in society today, there are many different job possibilities for the computer science graduates in Software Industries and Organizations. Employement opprtunities in software Industry includes Computer and Information Systems Manager, Computer Programmer, Computer Systems Analyst, Software Developer, Web Developer/Master, Database Administrator and Data Scientist. A post graduate student may find wide opportunity in any sector-public enterprises, R&D organization, industrial establishment, corporate sectors and academic institution.
Professor & Chairperson, Department of Computer Science
Telephone No (Office)