The University Grants Commission (UGC) has given priority to the downtrodden students and staffs during IX plan period and given direction to all the universities to establish SC/ST Cell.
- The SC/ST Cell at Karnataka State Akkamahadevi Women's University was constituted in the year 2003.
- After the establishment of the Cell in the university, it specifically concentrated on the welfare of the SC/ST students, Research scholars and Staffs
- The main aim of the Cell is to monitor the guidelines issued by the University Grants Commission and by the department of Ministry of Social Welfare Government of Karnataka from time to time.
To be an institution of excellence in higher education that continually responds to the changing social realities through the development and application of knowledge, towards creating a people-centered and ecologically sustainable society that promotes and protects the Dignity, equality, social justice and human rights for all, with special emphasis on marginalised and vulnerable groups.
In pursuance of its vision, the Karnataka State Akkamahadevi Women's University, Jnanashakti Campus Vijayapur, Karnataka. Organizes teaching programmes to facilitate the development of competent and committed professionals for practice, research and teaching, develops and disseminates knowledge through extension activities at the local, regional, national and international levels.
Functions of the SC/ST Cell
- The SC/ST Cell is giving wide publicity through circulars to all the faculties and informs the students about the various scholarships; namely, Post-Metric Scholarship, Karnataka Higher Education Special Scholarship, Meritorious Scholarship, P.G. Women Scholarship, Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship, P.G. Scholarship for professional courses, ICMR, CSIR, ICSSR and other scholarships, and fellowships.
- The SC/ST Cell has taken up the problems of the SC/ST students and employees with the university authorities and has solved some of them amicably. The cell, in the ultimate analysis, has been user friendly councilors to all SC/ST employees and students.
- The SC/ST Cell is also helping the SC/ST Research Scholars in getting the University Fellowship from the university and from the state government.
- The Cell is implementing various schemes of the University Grants Commission with the objective to improve the learning levels of Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe candidates to bring them up to the general level of the other communities.
- The University is providing statistical information periodically and promptly on all aspects to the Government of India and the State Government.
- The SC/ST Cell provides guidance to various University Committees in respect of promotions/recruitment for the latest rule position concerning SC/ST reservations.
- The Cell takes due care in establishing the Book Bank and Book Grants for the SC/ST students of the university. The Cell also advises the students to utilize the facilities of the Book Bank and to borrow books depending on availability.
- The cell established the competitive coaching academy for the effective training and coaching for various competitive exams conducted by the UPSC,KPSC,PO,Railways, NET,SLET, TET for teachers etc.
- The cell is regularly distributing the Laptops to all the PG and Research scholars.
- The SC/ST students are getting Scholarship from DSW Government of Karnataka .
- The SC/ST Cell provide the EBL for SC/ST Hostel students.
- The SC/ST Cell provide Fellowship to all M.Phil and PhD research scholar.
- Ph.D Scholars - Rs. 15,000/-per month & contingency of Rs.20,000/-One year (JRF) & Rs.20,000/- Two year (SRF).
- MPhil Scholars – Rs. 8,000/-per month & contingency of Rs. 10,000/- per annum
Distribution of Laptops to all SC/ST PG students and Research
- Coaching Academy for competitive exam UPSC/IAS/KAS/NET/SLET/PDO/FDA/ SDA & RRB.
- Campus interview for SC/ST students.
- Professional scholarships from UGC(M.Ed/M.P.Ed).
- Language Lab coaching (Generating English) for SC/ST students & Research scholars.
- Skill Development (Communicative Skills) for SC/ST students & Research scholars.
- Personality Development Class for SC/ST students & Research scholars.
- Remedial Coaching for SC/ST students.
|Designation||Director SC/ST Cell|