In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposes that every accredited institution establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of an institution's system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance.
The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions.
The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase of institutions. During the post-accreditation period, the IQAC will channelize the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
- To build and ensure quality culture at the institutional level towards achieving excellence
- Sustain and enhance the quality measures upgraded by the institution
- Arrange for periodic assessment and accreditations
- Stimulate the academic environment for promotion of quality of teaching-learning and research
- Promote collaboration with other stakeholders of higher education for quality evaluation, promotion and sustenance.
- Encourage self-evaluation and accountability
- Promote quality-related research studies, consultancy and training programmes.
- Documentation of all curricular/ /co-curricular/ extracurricular activities on campus.
- Promotion of the awareness of global educational strategies.
- Co-ordination of quality related activities and to disseminate information on best practices amongst the faculty through various programmes and activities such as seminars, workshops, symposia, conferences, panel discussions
- Examination of the relevance and quality of current academic programs and initiate new courses /programs.
WORKSHOPS/ SEMINARS/WEBINARS ORGANIZED
- Organized one day workshop on NAAC awareness programme on “Revised Accreditation” in association with College Development Council, KSAWUV and NAAC Bangalore on 7th June 2019
- Organized seminars on “TDS provisions and technical procedures of TDS” in association with Bangalore ACIT TDS Circle on 26th November 2019
- Organized one day State level seminar on “Goods and Services Tax (GST)” in association with college’s commerce and management teacher’s association (R), Vijayapura on 17th December 2019
- National Conference NEP in joint collaboration with Bharatiya Shiksha Mandal, March 23, 2021
- NEP awareness program Janaspandan program organized on 11-10-2021
- Workshops on implementing NEP 2020 at colleges with Principals and senior staff – Series of workshops
- FDP for college teachers on teaching pedagogy from 16-02-2022 to 19-02-2022
- National Conference NEP in joint collaboration with Bharatiya Shiksha Mandal
- Organized one day workshop for PG BOS chairpersons and members on “Revision of PG Curriculum” on 15th June 2022 at B.R. Ambedkar Hall, KSAWU, Vijayapura
- Departments and sections were visited to check the readiness of Departments/Sections in the lines of NAAC parameters
- Conducted Feedback analysis on curriculum for the years 2017-18 to 2021-22
- Various BOS meetings held between October and November course and content wise uploaded in university website
- NEP 2020: A talk by Vice Chancellor through university’s Akka TV youtube channel on 2nd September 2021
- “Kulapatigalondige ondu samvad” (Interview with Vicechncellor) (Through online platform) on 8th September on NEP 2020
- Interaction with the teachers of commerce, history, sociology at Kalaburagi city on the course structure
- Drafting of statutes and regulations in conformity with KSCHEB draft regulations
- Drafting of policies
- Entered into an MoU with NASSCOM