INTRODUCTION: IQAC Report 2016-17
In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposes that every accredited institution establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of an institution's system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance.
The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions.
The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase of institutions. During the post-accreditation period, the IQAC will channelize the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the Karnataka State Akkamahadevi Women’s University, Vijayapura (KSAWUV)
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices leading to women empowerment.
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
1) Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the University.
2) Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
3) Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
4) Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
5) Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
6) Documentation of the various programmes/activities of KSAWUV, leading to quality improvement and empowerment.
7) Acting as a nodal agency of KSAWUV for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices: such as women counseling, short term training on food processing and preservation (for outside womens), vermiculture, biofuel production, handicraft for promotion of rural/traditional art and antique items collections etc..
8) Development and maintenance of Institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
9) Development of Quality Culture in KSAWUV.
10) Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the University based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the NAAC in the prescribed format (after the assessment by NAAC).
11) In terms of UGC Regulations 2010, IQAC shall act as the Documentation and Record-Keeping cell, including assistance in the development of the API criteria based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) proforma using the indicative template separately developed by the UGC. In order to facilitate the process, all teachers shall submit the duly filled-in PBAS proforma to the IQAC annually.
12) Any other assignment by the Vice-Chancellor.
1) Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
2) Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
3) Ensure enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize good practices.
4) Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
5) Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in KSAWUV
1) Induction program to the students immediately after the admissions
2) Workshop on research proposal writing to the research scholars and young teachers
3) Conference and workshops
4) Healthy practices such as: biofuel generation, awareness about alternative energy resources, family counseling, tissue culture training, vermiculture training, bioinformatics trainings to life science teachers of nearby colleges, food processing and preservation training etc..
5) Tree plantation in the campus
6) NSS activities for inculcating leadership and social responsibility
7) IT initiatives both at University campus and affiliated colleges
8) Motivating affiliated colleges for office automation and online admission process and also uploading their institutional data to the AISHE portal of MHRD New Delhi
9) Analysis of students feedback, ALUMNI and Parents meeting.
|1||Prof.B.K.Tulasimala, Vice Chancellor||Chairperson|
|2||Prof. Vijayashree Sabrad||Member|
|3||Prof. S. B.Kamashetty||Member|
|4||Prof. Mahesh Chintamani||Member|
|5||Prof. Vijaya Korishetty||Member|
|6||Prof. P.G Tadasad||Member|
|7||Prof. Onkargouda Kakade||Member|
|8||Prof. R Sunandamma||Member|
|10||Prof. T.B Karegoudar (GUG)||External Member|
|11||Prof. A.B Vadamoorthy (KUD)||External Member|
|12||Prof. C. Shrinivas (BUB)||External Member|
|13||Dr. Shrinivas Balli||Syndicate Member|
|14||Smt. Priyanka Kori (Alumni)||Member|
|16||Smt. Yashoda Gujjar||Industrialist|
|17||Dr. Vidhya Tobbi (Academic Council Member)||Stakeholder|
|1||Prof.Sabiha, Hon’ble Vice Chancellor||Chairperson|
|3||Prof.Mahesh I. Chintamani, Dept. of Kannada||Member|
|4||Prof.P.G. Tadasad, Dept. of Library & Information Science||Member|
|5||Prof.R.Sunandamma, Dept. of Women’s Studies||Member|
|6||Prof.P.Kannan, Dept. of English||Member|
|7||Dr.Shrinivas Balli, Syndicate Member||Syndicate Member|
|8||Prof.Aziz Makandar||Director, IQAC|
|1||Prof.T.B. Karegoudar, Gulbarga University||Member|
|2||Prof.A.B. Vedamurthy, Karnatak University||Member|
|3||Prof.C.Srinivas, Bangalore University||Member|
|4||Prof.Vijayashree Sabrad, Dept. of Kannada||Member|
|5||Prof.S.B.Kamashetty, Dept. of Commerce & Management||Member|
|6||Prof.Vijaya Korishetty, Dept. of Sociology||Member|
|7||Prof.Onkargouda Kakade, Dept. of Journalism||Member|
|8||Smt.Priyanka Kori (Alumni), Dept. of Bioinformatics||Member|
|10||Dr.Vidya Thobbi, Academic Council Member||Stakeholder|
1. Training to Teachers on Induction Programmes.
2. Motivating teachers to apply for Research Projects.
3. Steps to enhance Research Infrastructure and Research Activity.
4. Training to Non-teaching Staff on Soft Skills.
5. Steps for Green Campus.
6. Steps to inculcate the Skill Development Programmes with the Curriculum such as CV-Preparation, Interview Skill, Group Discussion Skill, Communicative Skill, Surfing Skill for Job and Research.
7. Students Feedback
Prof.Aziz Makandar, Director, IQAC welcomed the members of the committee and requested the Vice Chancellor for permission to start the meeting. Hon’ble Chancellor presided over the meeting.
1. It is resolved to conduct Induction Programme to the students by the faculty members of the respective departments immediately after commencement of first semester.
The IQAC is informed to circulate tentative module/guidelines for conducting Student Induction Programme.
2. During the meeting, Hon’ble Vice Chancellor presented the report given by NAAC peer team and also suggested to act immediately on the suggestions made by NAAC peer team for further improvements in the field of research and teaching.
Hon’ble Vice Chancellor expressed the desire to address teachers on project writing and submission of project proposals and instructed the IQAC to arrange for the same.
3. It is resolved to conduct a workshop to the newly recruited teachers on preparing project proposals by inviting experts.
4. The committee decided to arrange for training to the Non-teaching staff on aspects like writing office note, creating files and physical movement of files etc. Further, it is also decided to train Non-teaching staff on soft skills and office manners.
5. Prof.K.P.Sreenath, Registrar of the University suggested to take up the plantation programme with the help of Forest Department and Zilla Panchayat. Meanwhile, Prof.R.Sunandamma highlighted the rule of NSS Unit in the campus and suggested to utilize the services of NSS Unit in the process of Green Campus. Hence the committee decided to take up plantation by NSS Unit with the help of Forest Department.
Hon’ble Vice Chancellor suggested to take the help of BLDE Association’s
Project “ಕೋಟಿ ಸಸಿ ನೆಡುವ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮ”
6. It is resolved to collect student feedback in the beginning of the semester about the course and feedback at the end of the course on teachers and facilities availed.
7. The committee unanimously resolved to take signature of students on the Internal Assessment marks sheet before putting it on the Notice Board and sending it to the Examination Section.
8. The committee felt the need of a bench mark and expressed that it shall be minimum 40%.
At the end Registrar Prof. K.P.Sreenath extended the Vote of Thanks and the meeting is concluded
Internal Quality Assurance Cell
Karnataka State Akkamahadevi Women's University,